2021 Harvest Fest
East Brunswick Doodle
Many stories of our township's past sit silent through landmarks that still remain, waiting to be uncovered!
Farrington Lake was created by the construction of a large dam along the Lawrence Brook in the late 1920s. The lake was named after Mayor Edward F Farrington of New Brunswick who died in 1918 and had envisioned the creation of the lake to supply water to the city.
Cheesman Family Cemetery
Brier Hill Court - The Cheesman Family Cemetery is one of the oldest burial grounds in East Brunswick. The earliest grave marker is for five-year-old Phebe Cheesman who died in 1794. The cemetery is located at the end of Brier Hill Court.
Alice Appleby DeVoe Memorial Library
166 Main Street - Built in the early 1800s the home was later owned by the Appleby Family, early settlers to the township. Herbert Appleby a Civil War veteran lived in the home and his daughter Alice Appleby was born there in 1868. In 1945, her son Fred donated the home to East Brunswick to serve as a public library
East Brunswick Museum
16 Maple Street - The East Brunswick Museum is housed in the former Simpson Methodist Church. It was built in 1862 and served the community for over 100 years. The building re-opened as the Eat Brunswick Museum in 1977 and today houses an impressive collection of local artifacts.
9 Route 18 - Originally built as a home the building later became the Cosmopolitan Hotel a stop for travelers between New Brunswick and Old Bridge. It was later owned by Marion Thomas who ran an antique store in the historic building.
Milltown Road - The Smith Farmhouse was built in the mid-19th century. The home was purchased by George Smith, in 179 for $1500. With his son Lawrence J. Smith, they expanded operations and ran one of the largest apple orchards in New Jersey. At its height they had 4,500 trees and yielded as many as 35,000 bushels of apples per year. Today the building is the home of the East Brunswick Historical Society.
Great Oak Park
Rues Lane - Great Oak Park is named after the giant oak at its center, but the park iteself is an arboretum. The trees populating the park were planted to represent every letter of the alphabet. The real prize of Great Oak Park is hidden behind the trees. The East Brunswick Butterfly Park is located in the back end and is the first municipal park in New Jersey dedicated to butterfly conservation.
Cranbury Road- An all volunteer run community theater founded as the East Brunswick Community Players more than 60 years ago. The original Playhouse 22 was a mix of a nearly century old schoolhouse, a retired public works garage and trailer which served as its home until 2005. The Players moved.in 2009 to its new home - the Community Arts Center.
Dunhams Corner Road- The almost 150-acre park has fields, two dog parks, and is home to the East Brunswick Community Art Center.
East Brunswick Public Library
Civic Center Drive - The Library opened in the municipal building in 1967. 1600 Library cards were issued the first week of operations. Devoe Library becomes a branch library. Ground breaking for the current building occurred in 1974 and the new building was opened in 1976.
Crystal Spring Family Waterpark, the first municipal waterpark in New jersey. It offers a crystal clear experience in outdoor recreational water activities. The water park includes eight amenities: Activity Pool, Kiddie Pool, Lap Pool, Lazy River, Recreational Pool, Family Pool, Splash Pad and Water Slides.